Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

an unexpected Word... for me...

What do you do... when the Word you've sought to give another... is actually for you?


The morning began... like most any these days... offering grace to the loved one in a pit... with breakfast... and a devotional...

But me... I was low on grace... frustration with the... I'm getting up... that doesn't mean anything... the waiting on him... while eggs get cold... and toast... soggy...

What stirred in my heart... anger...

No sympathy... no forgiveness... no compassion...

Words formed in my mind... Don't you know how disrespectful your behavior is...? It is so rude... for you to make us wait on you...? I could see myself delivering the tirade... bringing low... the one... who will not lower himself...

But my spirit... the Spirit... made me consider... Is this anger about me...? my selfishness...? my desires...? Be careful what you say...

In my doubt... I sat silently... trying to pray... But am I letting him off the hook...? The struggle would not die... no peace...

I chose to err on the side of grace... holding my tongue... suppressing words...

Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent,
and discerning if he holds his tongue.
Proverbs 17:28

The loved one... appeared... wandered in... at the end of prayer...

Breakfast continued... awkward silence... me afraid to speak...

The devotional book chosen... but not the specific devotion... words had come to mind... redemption... encouragement...

I opened the book... at random... trusting Him to choose what the son needed to hear... but then looked in the topical index to see if redemption... encouragement... were there... neither were... so the one opened up... must be the one... Right Living...

I urge you to use words with restraint. Misusing words is one of the easiest ways to sin --- and one of the deadliest. In fact, the tongue is a fire that corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell. You would be wise to follow the example of David, who wrote: Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips. Controlling your tongue is so difficult that you cannot do it without massive help.
Jesus Lives by Sarah Young (partial excerpt)

Needless to say... after reading aloud the first sentence... the words almost stuck... the realization... This Word is for ME...! struck deep...

Confirmation... of a wise choice... even though it was a battle... came quickly... a blessing... a word... most unexpected...

The desire to bring life... rather than death... to grow life in others... not build up my self... was achieved in some small way... by His grace...

A humbling moment... when trying to minster... witness... to another... Father God... ministers to you...

Thank You Lord... for the massive help... this morning... controlling my tongue... guarding my mouth... Thank You for the confirmation... of Your presence in each moment... of Your help even when it doesn't feel like You're near... Thank You Lord... for grace... lots... and... lots... of... grace...

From the fullness of his grace
we have all received one blessing after another.
John 1:16

No comments:

Post a Comment