Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Monday, September 17, 2012

unbelief

Tell me what you know in a few sentences?

The opening question of a kitchen conversation with the elder-in-law... an unexpected opportunity... I told him about Jesus... the most important thing I know... the only good that I know... the source of all wisdom... knowledge... peace... freedom...

Why don't all people believe?

My answer... sin... rebellion... people would rather believe lies than the truth...

Then the Word came to mind... from my Bible I read what He says about unbelief...

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they were without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Romans 1:18-21 ESV (emphasis added)

As I read God's Word... he looked... he heard... For what can be known about God is plain... he came near... eyeing the Book... pointing... when I finished he asked me to "index" it for him... I did... on an index card... which he stuck in his pocket... along with a desire to believe when he is free of doubts...

I'm amazed... God's Word captures the attention of an elderly atheist... my words... nothing... God's Word... rapt attention... and a desire to possess...

Pray with me... for the elder-in-law... that he might be blessed with enough faith to pray...


And pray for me... that I will speak the Word... that opens eyes... turns darkness to light...

No comments:

Post a Comment