Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

popa... my dad...

He just walked into my dream... walking his walk...
smiling... radiant... real...
his white mane... tanned skin... strong...
not part of the dream... an unexpected intruder...
walking straight to me... focused on me...
What are you doing here?... heart welling with emotion...
joy...
he reached for my face... both hands...
I for his...
gone...
he disappeared...

Fully awake... filled with new... fresh... pain of loss...
sobs that won't stop...
I miss my dad... 13 years he's been gone...
I hate death...

pain stirred fresh... why now... why today...

And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
Revelation 21:3, 4
(emphasis mine)

Do not be ignorant about those who fall asleep or grieve like the rest of men who have no hope... Jesus died and rose again... encourage each other with these words. 

Heavenly Father, I'm grateful that You hate death too... grateful You came and destroyed its reign... thank You, Jesus...

No comments:

Post a Comment