Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Friday, January 13, 2012

consumer warning

New facets of sin glare in my own heart...
exposed by a diet of Word...

black box warning on every Bible should read:
Consumption has been found to expose varying degrees of evil in the heart resulting in a desire to die to self!

To follow the Word requires self-crucifixion...

Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. ..."
Luke 9:23

...daily self-crucifixion...

Today I'm willing to die to self...
seeing new and deeper levels of selfishness...
transforming eyes shining light into the darkness of my own heart... things I don't want to be...

The response: repent...
agree with the Word regarding the sin...
confess...
seek forgiveness...
give thanks...

The Lord is compassionate and gracious,
slow to anger, abounding in love.
He will not always accuse, nor will he harbor his anger forever;
he does not treat us as our sins deserve
or repay us according to our iniquities.
For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his love for those who fear him;
 as far as the east is from the west,
so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
Psalm 103:8-12

Lord Jesus, I choose to agree with what You've revealed in my heart... selfishness has a stronghold I can hardly fathom... Forgive me, Lord... Thank You for Your extravagant love and grace... I choose to follow You... 

No comments:

Post a Comment