Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Thursday, January 5, 2012

embracing failure

Yesterday's failure, today I embrace as a weakness that strengthens.

In this unique time in history, the year of the Lord's favor, in Christ, we are holy and righteous even when we fail and fall because of the the One who's names is: The Lord Our Righteousness.

...the Lord said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast gladly about my weaknesses that Christ's power may rest on me... I delight in weaknesses... For when I am weak I am strong... (2Corinthians 12:9-10)

Failures in obedience are weaknesses to boast in -- He is my RIGHTEOUSNESS -- it is not about me and what I do. It is all about Him. Each time I recognize a failure, a missed opportunity to bless another, a giving into fear, in this I boast. With each failure, I become less. With each failure, I'm more willing to die to self. I want to get out of His way!

He must become greater; I must become less.
John 3:30

My failures -- my sins -- help me to die to self and give Christ more room to be. Less of me equals more of Jesus.

Lord Jesus, that I would continue to become less, that with joy and thanksgiving I accept my weakness and Your grace, that I become less that You may become greater in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment