Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Monday, October 24, 2016

wait on Him... Titus 2:11-14...

For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people,
training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions,
and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age,
waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God
and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us
from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own
possession who are zealous for good works.
Titus 2:11-14 ESV

God's grace... Jesus...
appeared to bring salvation for ALL people...
only not all receive it...

God's grace... Jesus...
trains us...
to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions...
to live self-controlled... upright... godly lives...
now... in this present age...
not in the time to come...

This is the way we wait for our hope... Jesus... to appear...

It may sound like a lot...
the training...
the waiting...
the denying of self...
NOW...
until you consider...
He gave Himself...
on the cross...
for our redemption...

He paid a high price...
a painful... excruciating... death...
to purify us... for Himself...
to make us His own possession...
people zealous... for good works...
just like Him...

Is it really too much to ask...?
to renounce the flesh...?
all those things that lead to death...?
and wait for Him...? 
NOW...?
zealous... fervent... eager... for good works...?

Just this evening...
before writing...
I found myself wimping out....
tired... fleshly... 
not zealous... eager... or fervent...
about finishing up the good works...
He has for me today...

I found myself forgetting...
the first love...
the love and wonder...
of Him finding any use for me at all...
and now in this season...
where He's finding so much use for me...
I can't do it without Him...
I'm whining...
instead of rejoicing...
looking for ways out...
instead of eagerness to serve...

Pathetic...
that's what I am today...

But by His grace...
His mercy...
I remember...
the wonder...
of serving Him...
His faithfulness to provide...
what's needed to complete...
to finish what He's started...

Restore to me the joy of your salvation,
and uphold me with a willing spirit.
Psalm 51:12 ESV

Lord... forgive me for my lack of zeal...
fill me afresh with the wonder You can find any use for me...
restore joy... provide a willing spirit...
You have done so much for me... and I've so little time...
to do for You...
I choose to wait on You... as You call me to...
Amen...

No comments:

Post a Comment