Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

the Gift...

The second week of a study...
a second week of lectio divina...
this week's passage... Acts 2:29-38...

This Jesus God raised up...
having received from the Father the promise
of the Holy Spirit, he has poured out this
that you yourselves are seeing and hearing.
...the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Acts 2:32-38 ESV

Do you see it...?

Jesus's obedience... led to His perfection... and glorification...
in response... the Father gave Him... the promised Holy Spirit...

Before His crucifixion... suffering... and resurrection...
Jesus did not have the Holy Spirit to give...

...for as yet the Spirit had not been given,
because Jesus was not yet glorified.
John 7:39 ESV

Father God promised it to Him... 
on completion of His mission on earth...
and return to heaven...

He Himself had access to the Spirit...
but He could not give it to others...

Jesus obeyed to receive the promised Gift...
One He could pour out on us... as gift...

The Holy Spirit is a gift of love...
an affirmation of His love for us...

The Holy Spirit... the Gift of the Lover... to the beloved...

And I wonder... 
Do I receive this Gift... in the same manner... in which it was given...? a love willing to lay down my life in order to gift the One I love...? Will I allow Him to perfect me through suffering... as a gift... to my Beloved...?

What about you...? do you recognize the depth of love... wrapped up in the Gift...? How do you respond...?

Lord... grow me to love You... as You love me...

I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live,
but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh
I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me
and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment