Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Monday, September 28, 2015

life with Him... it's just weird...

weird adjective... 1: of, or relating to, or caused by witchcraft or the supernatural... 2: of strange or extraordinary character: odd, fantastic
---Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary (11th Edition)
Yes... weird... supernatural... extraordinary... odd... fantastic... life with Him is weird...

No... He does not dabble in witchcraft... nor do I... this is but a perversion of what He created...

The Creator Himself... supernatural...
The work of the Son... supernatural...
The Holy Spirit... supernatural...

I've had some evidence of this over the last two days...
fantastic... evidence of His presence... His Spirit...

Both incidents involved prayer... the exercise of intentionally coming before our supernatural Creator... and faithfully speaking to Him... sight unseen... (Yes... odd... from a worldly... secular... perspective...)

The first happened during my morning time with Him...
a simple question asked... seeking confirmation on my behavior...
Lord... have I been light...? or contributed to the darkness?
Have I been helpful...? or hurtful...?

Having asked... I settled into my devotion... within moments of the prayer... the answer came in the form of another's question... seeking help... on lighting a lighter...

Yes... I helped... bringing light to a lighter...

In that moment... in the Spirit... it was clear... the answer to my question... Yes... you have been a light... Yes... you have been helpful...

Weird... awesome... but weird...

The second... in a group prayer time... Moms In Prayer International... to be exact...

[I'll jump on a soapbox here for a minute... my daughter just recently said I had many... but if you are not involved in a regular time of prayer with other Believers... conversational... Spirit-led... Scripture-based prayer... you are missing out... He Himself says... For where two or three are gathered in my name... there am I among them...]

In this time of prayer... we came to a topic... I was not really prepared to pray...

I was not leading this particular time of prayer... so I waited for the leader to move on... which I was sure she would... hoping she would... as the silence continued...

God had placed a specific prayer on my heart... but it just seemed too weird... so I stalled... wondering really if I was to pray it... not wanting to be disobedient... but really... trust me... it was just too weird...

The leader... after much silence... said... We have to pray this topic...!

I said... No way...! Really...!

The Spirit would not allow her to continue through the prayer guide without praying specifically right where we were... and... Oh... I had been given specifics... (let me reiterate...) that seemed just too weird to pray...!

Needless to say... with her prompting by the Spirit... I prayed by faith... what He placed on my heart...

I really just couldn't believe it... He placed a prayer on my heart... and made sure it got prayed...

In our own personal prayer time... we would probably not pray something weird if we were unsure if it was from our own heart or His...

In a group moment... the power of the Spirit takes over... prayers are affirmed... confirmed... by your partners in prayer... when they are faithfully led by the Holy Spirit...

So not only did I pray what I felt He was calling me to pray... but received confirmation that I was to pray it...

Really...?!

Life with Him... it's just weird...

"...The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound,
but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes.
So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit."
John 3:8 ESV

Father God... thank You for evidence of Your presence...
and the movement of the Spirit in my life...
Grow me to trust You more... even when it just seems weird...


[Note... the writing of this post seems weird... feels weird... I've questioned several times if these were the words for today... as I ask... they just seem to grow louder in my heart...

So today... maybe one of you needs confirmation of something weird in your life... or maybe... you have something weird you'd like to share with us... at this table... or maybe you just need to be made aware... that life with Him is weird...

Just let us know... the comment box can be found at the bottom of the post at JeremiahsMenu.blogspot.com... Click the post title... and scroll to the bottom...]

No comments:

Post a Comment