Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Thursday, July 10, 2014

sin and the law

...through the law comes knowledge of sin.
Romans 3:20 ESV

I saw this truth at work today... in my journey through Leviticus...

"... For six years you shall sow your field, and for six years you shall prune your vineyard and gather in its fruits, but in the seventh year there shall be a Sabbath of solemn rest for the land, a Sabbath to the Lord. You shall not sow your field or prune your vineyard. You shall not reap what grows of itself in your harvest, or gather the grapes of your undressed vine. It shall be a year of solemn rest for the land. The Sabbath of the land shall provide food for you, for yourself and for your male and female slaves and for your hired worker and the sojourner who lives with you, and for your cattle and for the wild animals that are in your land: all its yield shall be for food."
Leviticus 25:3-7 ESV

As I read... my heart tightened... and my flesh took on the persona of an Israelite farmer faced with this law... and the thought came forth...

What a waste...

And behind these words... fear... greed... distrust in His ability to provide...

I could not deny... the heart of this farmer... was mine... 

...through the law comes knowledge of sin...

With my spirit set on confession and repentance... I began to look... to see where these sins are being made flesh in my life...

I do not face the prospect of a Sabbath rest for the land every seven years... but I face decisions each day... about money... security... and whether He is trustworthy...

I'm stunned... that the law of Leviticus... has the power to reveal my personal sin... in such a stark way...

I find myself humbled... grateful for His Word... 

Lord Jesus... continue to reveal my sin... bring it to light...
I no longer want to walk in darkness...


A challenge for you...
Read Leviticus for yourself... as you journey through ask Him... to bring you to the knowledge of sin in your life... 
I'd love to know what you find out... about yourself... through the law...
Consider sharing it here... with us at this table...

[To leave a comment on a post... first click the post title... scroll to the bottom where you will find the "Post A Comment" box...]

No comments:

Post a Comment