Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Friday, July 11, 2014

a picture of sin

Cleaning my shower... inspired a picture of sin...

This is a chore I don't like doing... so needless to say... I regularly procrastinate... until I can't stand it...

As I knelt... scrubbing soap scum... mildew... and general all-around-grunge... I was reminded that all this dirt... mess... yuk... came off me and my dear husband...

Now I have this theory... which I believe bears itself out in the overarching truth of Scripture...


So... while cleaning... I considered my sin... and the sin of my spouse...

If the physical residue off our bodies is so disgusting... I don't even want to know what the spiritual residue of our sin looks like... not to mention the actual sin itself...!

The thought leaves me grateful... and humble... before Jesus... my Savior... who allowed the grunge of the world... and the wrath of His Father against us... to be poured out on Himself... out of love...

For while we were still weak, at the right time 
Christ died for the ungodly. For one will scarcely die 
for a righteous person --- though perhaps for a good person
 one would dare even die --- but God shows his love for us 
in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 
Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, 
much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God.
Romans 5:6-9 ESV

Praise Him... from who all blessings flow...
including shower grunge to clean...
that I might see... Him...

No comments:

Post a Comment