Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Thursday, December 12, 2013

far better...

Joy... I'll admit... it's been lacking... as I find the days toward Christmas slipping by... the panic of doing... setting in...

shopping...
wrapping...
tree trimming...
decorating...

Facing today... my heart felt pressed... so I let loose a prayer...

Lord... fill me with joy... I can't do this Season with cheer...
but You can... HELP...!

And the day proceeded... pressing forward with to do's... trusting Him to provide... what was lacking...

Then in the midst of wrapping the first few gifts... I remember... a story I'd seen on the news... filled with JOY...


A story I wanted to be a part of... wished I'd thought of... wished I'd had the resources to re-create...

The joy of giving... ignited anew... surely if an airline can... I can too...

And the Truth... it is revealed in the story... and in my heart's response... it's far better to give... than to receive...

"...You'll not likely go wrong here if you keep remembering that our Master said, 'You're far happier giving than getting.'"
Acts 20:35 Msg

Lord... thank You for this reminder... keep it fresh in my heart... as Christmas draws near...

No comments:

Post a Comment