Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

a lesson from the manger...

Thoughts return... to the Babe in the tiny manger... the word that comes to mind...



...capable of being physically or emotionally wounded...

...the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
Isaiah 53:5 NIV

...open to attack or damage: assailable...

I offered my back to those who beat me,
and my cheeks to those who pulled out my beard;
I did not hide my face from mocking and spitting.
Isaiah 50:6 NIV

God made Himself... vulnerable... to show me I can be too...

Jesus... God made flesh... revealed God the Father as completely trustworthy... by emptying Himself to enter the life of His creation...

What a comfort... 

A truth that brings peace...

He doesn't just say... Trust Me... 

He says... See...? Watch Me...

This God who makes Himself small and vulnerable... to fit in a tiny manger... out of love for His creation... is awesome...

Our God... Father and Son...
makes the incongruous... congruous...

Our God... Shepherd and Lamb...
no wonder His birth announcement was sent to shepherds... watching over sheep and lambs... some surely chosen for sacrifice...

Our God... King and Servant...
the One too big to fit in a tiny manger... and yet... He... does...

Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself and became obedient to death---
even death on a cross!
Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
that every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.
Philippians 2:5-11 NIV

Lord Jesus... thank You... for this picture... this Living example... of the trustworthiness of the Father... the One who makes the Way... for me to be vulnerable... for His use... and His glory...

Because the Sovereign Lord helps me,
I will not be disgraced.
Therefore have I set my face like flint,
and I know I will not be put to shame.
Isaiah 50:7 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment