Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Friday, September 20, 2013

the key...

She drew it... as a gift... a picture of Scripture...

And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.
1 John 4:16

When she gave it to me... it was simply a key... drawn and colored... on a small rectangular paper...

She said... It's the key...

I've kept in on my desk... where I've seen it almost daily... for at least two years...

Over that time... I've added to the simple picture... words...

The key...
to a heart of...
peace...
love...
hope...

And I added a keychain... so I would not lose it... 

I engraved its identity... 1JN4_16...

Today... in my current reading through... I came to a passage... that made me fully comprehend... Yes... this is the key...

Your roots will grow down into God's love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.
Ephesians 4:17-19 NLT
(my emphasis)

Growing roots into... (relying on)... God's love... keeps you strong...

Understanding... the width... height... breadth... and depth... of His love... (knowing)... experiencing... the love of Christ... makes us complete... with fullness of life... and access to His power...

YES... KNOWING AND RELYING ON... 
THE LOVE HE HAS FOR US... 
IS THE KEY...

I continue to add... to this teaching from my daughter...

The key...
to a heart of...
peace...
love...
hope... and power...

The key
to fullness
of life...


Find the key for yourself...

Seek it... experience it... through His Word... prayer... obedience... trusting faith... get to KNOW it... and you will have... a heart of peace... love... hope... and... power...

The key to fullness of life... in Him...

"I have come that they may have life,
and have it to the full." --- Jesus
John 10:10

No comments:

Post a Comment