Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Monday, November 26, 2012

servants... they just obey... that's it...

In this morning's reading through... I was struck by the obedience of the servants... the ones at the wedding... where the wine ran dry...

[Jesus's] mother said to the servants, 
"Do whatever he tells you."
John 2:5
ESV

These servants... who did what He said... obeyed a guest... not their master... quite a risk considering they knew they were serving water... as wine... taking it directly to the master of the feast...

What made them do it...? trust Him...? His mother...?

That's just what's servants do... they obey... and when the master is Him... who is trustworthy in every way...  blessings flow...

The lesson became personal... as later I reviewed a study... for Sunday school... one I was unsure of when I chose it... except that it seemed to be the one He called me to offer...

There was another study... that I was drawn to... one by the same author... but more expensive... longer DVD sessions... too long for a 45 minute class on Sunday mornings...

So... I obeyed... ordered books... committed to the study... hoping it will be well received... hoping it is what we need... as a class...

On the treadmill (one of those holy places in my life)... I watched... and read... and what was revealed... was the heart of the message I felt should be shared next... the one found in the study I preferred... but here... in this study... one that fits... but I didn't know... He knew...

Suddenly... I related to those servants... because I obeyed the leading of the Spirit... without a lot of thought... or question... and here... I'm amazed... to find the wine of the other study... in this one that seemed more like water... praises... cast upward... faith... humbling the doubt... Amen...

Yes... servants obey... that's it... they don't question the Master... they don't worry if it will turn out right...

Servants... they just... obey... 

Listen to Mary... Do whatever He tells you...

No comments:

Post a Comment