Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Monday, November 5, 2012

lesson in humility... again...

Today... seemed to fall apart... before 8:00 am...
Expectations unmet... several things to do... remained undone...
Tried to die to self... but only got tied up in knots...

What's wrong....? 

The question from my spouse as I readied to back out of the garage...

Nothing... my short reply... teeth gritted... nerves frayed...

I thought later... I should have answered... Me...!

I'm the one that's wrong... the one who continues to see things from the perspective of MY NEEDS... MY PLANS... MY TIMETABLE...!

Having been put off course early by a request from my spouse... led to selfish choices... looking after me... instead of others... frustration compounded with miscalculation of travel time... MY decided ETD an hour off...!

In knots by 7:58 am... repenting by 8:05 am... at peace somewhere around... 8:38 am...

On the road... listening to a message... one saved on my iPod...

Humility is to hold your power in service of others.                                                                      ---John Dickson

My power... as limited as it is... is more often than not used in service of me... not others... today a reminder of that... a day highlighting the hard places in my still so self-centered heart... so far from the character of Christ...

Relinquishing my illusion of control... to the One who IS in control... choosing to rest... trusting that He knew... knows... exactly how things will go... and has something for me to learn...

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved,
clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility,gentleness and patience.
Colossians 3:12

Lord... thank You... for the reminder that my power is to be used for others... in You... I have already received more than I deserve... I rest in You... and Your sovereignty... in my life... again...

No comments:

Post a Comment