Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

passionate trust...

Sisters talking today in Bible study...
and apparently I got a little passionate...

She looks at me... then says to the group...
There's a story behind her passion... and maybe one day she'll tell it to you...

And in the moment I thinking...
What passion...?
I didn't recognize it... or think it odd...
and simultaneously wondering...
What story...? I have a story...?

Then it dawned on me...
Yes... I have a story...
ten years worth of story...

Jumping in a pit of fear and anxiety...
digging it deeper... year... after... year...
until I desperately wanted to get out...
and began to cry out to Him for help...

His help came in the form of revealing multiple levels of unbelief... layer upon layer...

I didn't trust Him to be who He said He was... or who I was...
which made for a heart filled with fear...

And on the journey out of the pit He showed me He is the only One to trust... the only One bigger than any other thing you can imagine... the One who controls all things...

There is no need to fear... worry... panic...
when you trust Him... because He is BIG...

Have you not known? Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable.
He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength.
Isaiah 40:28-29 ESV

I feel the passion rising again as I recall my story...
and the freedom which comes from passionate trust in Him...

So now I'm thinking... every passion has a story...

What's the story behind your passion for Him...?

No comments:

Post a Comment