Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Monday, November 24, 2014

planting... hope...

Saturday... I did something I don't do very often...
Maybe three... four... times... in the last twenty-five years...
I planted hope...




Every planting... of a seed... a bulb... requires... hope...

Now hope that is seen is not hope.
For who hopes for what he sees?
Romans 8:24 ESV

I see the bulbs...
I see the picture on the box...
But what I see after planting...?




Nothing... but dirt... and... mess...

I think about farmers... as I plant...

What if my whole livelihood... was dependent... on what I buried...?
How much hope... is needed... to plant dead seeds... in hopes of crops...? to support families...?

It's hard enough for me to get it together to plant bulbs... which I love to see in the Spring...

It doesn't happen every year... because... sometimes... it's just not worth the wait... or the what-if's...

What if they don't grow...?
what if this is a waste... of time... energy...?
what if...?

Hope... it's like that...

To live by it...
speak it into someone else's life...
depend on it...
requires... patience...

But if we hope for what we do not see,
we wait for it with patience.
Romans 8:25 ESV

There is no immediate gratification... when it comes to... planting... hope...

I look at the pumpkins... gracing my front door...




...and consider the hope... planted by farmers... who grew these orange globes...

Hope... in dried up seeds...
planted... in the dark...
beneath... the ground...

Bursting into produce... to sell...
and begin the cycle... again...

So I'm inspired... to wait... and hope...
not only on tulip bulbs...
but Him...

And hope does not disappoint us,
because God has poured out his love
into our hearts by the Holy Spirit,
whom he has given us.
Romans 5:5

No comments:

Post a Comment