Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Friday, October 31, 2014

surrender...

Surrender... the word echoes... driving home... at the end of a battle-filled week...

Not just my battles... but those of others too...
surrender... 1 a: to yield to the power, control, or possession of another upon compulsion or demand... b: to give up completely or agree to forgo especially in favor of another 2 a: to give (oneself) up into the power of another especially as a prisoner b: to give (oneself) over to something (as an influence)
---Merrian-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary (11th Ed.)
Surrender... yield control... give up...

So many needs... so many prayers... I don't even know how to pray... only desiring His will... surrendering my needs... and others'... to Him...

It's all His anyway... in His sovereignty...

"See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god besides me;
I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal;
and there is none that can deliver out of my hand. ..."
Deuteronomy 32:39 ESV

Surrender...
anxiety...
fear...
desire...
the unknown...
the future...
the past...

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.
Philippians 4:6 NLT

Surrender it all to Him... in prayer...
I learned that faith isn't tested by how often God answers my prayers with a yes, but by my willingness to continue serving Him and thanking Him, even when I don't have a clue as to what He's doing.
---Gary L. Thomas, Seeking the Face of God
Surrender... learning to trust... His answer... whether it's... Yes... or... No...

Trusting that He is good... in all He allows...

The Lord is good to all,
and his mercy is over all that he has made.
Psalm 145:9 ESV

Giving it up... to Him...


Related fare...

No comments:

Post a Comment