Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Friday, May 31, 2013

a week of feeling disconnected... comes to a close...

Distractions rooted in preparations for travel... two weeks away... and posts written early scheduled to post without me... arriving at destination two days behind others... while leaving one at home... then dealing with illness... pain... seeking distraction and solace... from meds... and TV... intermingled with feeble efforts to connect with Him... identify with Him... in the pain... left me feeling disconnected...

Finally... this week closes... with reconnecting...
feeling better...
finding extended time to spend with Him...
recognizing His care... through the beloved spouse...

A time away... starting off a little stormy... but even amid distractions... and disconnections... I look back and see... my faith... was not rocked... my emotions... not tossed...

My spirit... just accepted what came... looking to Him... as best I could...

For me I see... unexpected change... where previously I would have been undone... by expectations not being met... I see His grace... His faithfulness... His presence...

Where weather still borders on stormy... my soul... for the moment... is not...

Give thanks to the Lord of lords;
His love endures forever.
to him who alone does great wonders,
His love endures forever. 
Psalm 136:3-4

This past week's focus came from a waking thought... Psalm 136... a Word needed for a week of distraction... a reminder that He is Love...

Next week continues with me away... a wi-fi nomad... posts will be accordingly... and by His grace... as always...

No comments:

Post a Comment