Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Saturday, December 29, 2012

doxology... springing up... from a mess...

This morning... still on mission... began with a hard call...

A job no one wanted to do...
a job I didn't want to do...
a job God called me to do...
an invitation to exercise my freedom... not to satisfy my flesh... but to love another... through service...

A clean up job...
a mess I didn't make...
a task not found in the job description of "kitchen lady"...

Knowing it would be me... I began to consider... how the task might be handled... prepared to offer myself... I went to the one who the job might fall to by default... and said... I will... God's grace... and provision shown through... by providing another... to help with the task... grateful there would be two... we gathered supplies...

In the hardness of this call... I found His strength... where I had none... I found a new... deeper... understanding of my Savior... and what His followers are called to do...

He... who freely came... to clean up a mess He didn't make... my mess... your mess... did so through love... without complaining... or arguing...

Today... a newly solidified Word made flesh... birthed... in my heart... one I do not want to forget... one I desire to treasure up... as Mary... with the wonders revealed through shepherds... and a babe in a manger...

Jesus... He becomes flesh... in a mess...

In the mess... I became more aware... of what He did for me... what I am to do... for others...

You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free.
But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh;
rather, serve one another humbly in love.
Galatians 5:13
NIV

Freedom to serve... one another... in love...

Honestly... the love with which I served today... was not for the neighbor who made the mess... but for the One... who cleaned up my mess...

The Truth revealed... the key grasped today... knowledge of Him... leads to love for Him... in increasing measure... and in turn... for neighbors...

" 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart 
and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 
This is the first and greatest commandment. 
And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'..."
Matthew 22:34

Loving God... whole-heartedly... is like... loving your neighbor... as yourself...

This hard call... this experience... I look at now with a humble heart... seeing how I could have easily missed this grace... the flesh repulsed... and desiring to flee the mess...

From the other side... I can only praise the Father... Son... and Holy Spirit... filled to overflowing... amazed by His love... for me... for others... His incomprehensible grace... leading to such a choice... of His free will... to serve... to the death...

What has sprung up to fill my heart... doxology... words... song... glorifying... praising... Him... with joy...


Lord Jesus... continue to enable me... to use the blessing of freedom ... to serve... through Love... and let my self go...

No comments:

Post a Comment