Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Psalm 119: Qof

Moving along with Psalm 119... we come to the nineteenth piece... the nineteenth of twenty-two... drawing to the end... we come to Qof (rhymes with "loaf"... pronounced: koaf)...

Read Psalm 119:145-152

Qof stands for "call"...

I call with all my heart; answer me, O Lord...

...with all my heart... the call of the psalmist... every part of his being... calls to God... cries out...

We know from following his song... he has tested the Word... he knows the Promise... it's true... but here we see our Hebrew friend... desperately calling on God... answer me...

Our friend sounds lost... in a state of consternation... at his wit's end...

It seems... obedience... should bring prosperity... that's what the world teaches...

But God's Way... the righteous Way... is met with hostility in a broken rebellious world... obedience... draws persecution... injustice...

For me... persecution brings confusion... having believed God's Word... tested for myself... found it true... I too... cry out...

...answer me...

To believe I've grown... only to be accused of what I thought I crucified... brings consternation... dismay... doubt...

Have I deceived myself...? 

...OR...

Has a transformation occured...?

To the lost... am I an aggravation... a new sort of stumbling block... like the Cornerstone...?

"A stone of stumbling,
and a rock of offense."
They stumble because they disobey the word...
1Peter 2:8
ESV

I don't know... today... I call... cry out... to God for Truth...

Hear my voice in accordance with Your love...
Psalm 119:149

No comments:

Post a Comment