Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Friday, April 15, 2016

the wonder of revelation... and seeking Him...

...the mystery was made known to me by revelation...
Ephesians 3:3 ESV

Between the subject of revelation coming up today in the writing for another blog*... and finishing up the series on Psalm 103... I'm left wondering...

You see... the writing that happens these six days a week... just happens...

It's part of my relationship with Him... a call He's put on my heart to experience His daily faithfulness... exercise the gift of teaching... and grow in knowledge of Him...

In the middle of writing the Psalm 103 posts... I was completely humbled by the process... because I approach each day empty... not knowing what's going to be written until it's revealed...

Each time I sit in front of my computer... a blank post page in my face... I wonder... What is going to fill this page...?

The process of going through a specific passage... with a specific purpose... left me feeling like a slacker...

No preparation... no research... or plan... no outline... no certainty of what to share... each time I finished... I wondered... Where did that come from...?

I expect nothing to make sense when I proof... but when re-reading what's written... (yes... a few changes are made...) for the most part... I'm amazed it makes any sense...

Then... I realized... these writings are the fruit of my relationship with Him... 10,000-plus hours spent in His Word... over the last two-plus decades... not because I had to... but because I want to know Him...

Today's writing on revelation for the other blog... brought it all together for me...

...yes, if you call out for insight
and raise your voice for understanding,
if you seek it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures,
then you will understand the fear of the Lord
and find the knowledge of God. For the Lord gives wisdom;
from his mouth come knowledge and understanding...
Proverbs 2:3-6 ESV

Revelation from God... through the Spirit... by faith in Jesus... comes from seeking...

Seeking... the process of spiritual mining for spiritual treasures through... prayer... Bible study... and obedience...

It seems these posts... if there is any understanding or teaching in them... are a blessing from Him... a fruit of seeking...

Wonder of wonders...

I'm left amazed...

I pray each of you who venture to this table... find something to whet your appetite for seeking Him...

Dig into the Word... pray... obey...
Ask for revelation...
He is faithful to reveal...

Amen...


*Note... the post on Growing In Faith at FUMC is scheduled to publish April 19... 2016...

No comments:

Post a Comment