Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

a picture of joy...

He said it two days ago...
Mom... I've got to show you this video...


The word that came to mind as I smiled and watched...

JOY...!

This giant panda at the National Zoo in Washington DC...
is a picture of joy...
pure joy...

I haven't been able to get it out of my mind...
and I watched it again today...
wondering... Where do I experience that kind of joy...?

Then it hit me...
this panda... rolling... rubbing... rolicking...
is a physical picture of the spiritual joy I feel...
spending time in His Word...
when He is so present... I can hardly stand it...

It's the Word that forms the foundation of this blog...
of what happens here...

When your words came, I ate them;
they were my JOY and my heart's delight,
for I bear your name, O Lord God Almighty.
Jeremiah 15:16
(emphasis added)

I pray you find joy in His Word...
the kind that makes you want to rub your Bible on your head...
wishing with all your might... you could just pour it right in you...

For those who bear His name... His character...
His Word... is... their... heart's... delight...

No comments:

Post a Comment