Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

wrestling

Wrestling... it's what God invites us to do...

Jacob... Israel... one in the same... the Patriarch of faith... whose name means... wrestles with God...

Today... I wrestle over self... and self-centeredness... feeling the words of Paul...

Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners---
of whom I am the worst.
1 Timothy 1:15
(my emphasis)

Learning that love is completely other-centered... looks not at its own wants... but others's needs.... 

But me... I feel the epitome... of un-loving... so completely focused on self... wrestling... struggling... to put my wants aside... wondering why I can't look past me... see the needs... of those sheltered here... and find joy... and grace... to freely love...

Today... I'm the worst... entering the ring... to wrestle with Him... 
crawling on the cross... believing I have been crucified with Him...
have died... and He lives... in me...
only... ME... keeps resurrecting...
stirring thoughts... I don't want to think...

Today... I... am... the... worst... 
but in the wrestling... 
I see that He... is... here...
without Him... there would be no wrestling...
no challenge to love... with obedience...
different choices would be made...
ones that stray far... from the road that runs narrow...

So... I give thanks... for wrestling...
for the God... who loves... and invites...
us to wrestle... with Him...

No comments:

Post a Comment