Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Friday, October 26, 2012

a humbling encouragement

I received some encouragement today... the warm and fuzzy kind...

A run-in with a friend... she said very gracious things about these writings... these oddball posts that make me feel naked as I stand before her...

She praised way beyond my comfort level... and I said... Praise Him!

A very unexpected encouragement...

Yet later... as I thought... I received a spur... I should have questioned further...

So grateful that she finds blessing in my words... but what about His...? I should have asked... Do these words make you hunger for Him... for His Word...?

That is the purpose... the mission... not to turn people to me or my words... but to Him... increase a hunger for seeing His Word made flesh in their's...

The only way to see... is by eating... His...

What about you... those who grace this table with your presence... do you hunger for more of Him...? because of what you've eaten here...?

That is my hope... that is my prayer...

He must become greater; I must become less.
John 3:30

No comments:

Post a Comment