Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Thursday, April 19, 2012

hazards of drawing near

The nearer I draw... into the Light... the more imperfections I see...

He highlights sin...

At times... what's revealed... seems so... insignificant... I rebel... it happened this week... the sin He spotlights... so trivial... I rationalize... justify... refuse to correct...

Such hardness of heart... repels me... reverses the drawing near... till I cry... weep... mourn... over the thing He calls sin...

A reminder of my sickness... a reminder of my need...

Drawing near... invites inspection... incites rejection... unless you become a receptacle for grace... unless you know... or at least desire to know... the Love of the Father...

Have mercy on me, O God,
according to your unfailing love;
according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions.
Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.
For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me.
Against you, you only, have I sinned
and done what is evil in your sight,
so that you are proved right when you speak
and justified when you judge.
Surely I was sinful at birth,
sinful from the time my mother conceived me.
Surely you desire truth in the inner parts;
you teach me wisdom in the inmost place.
Psalm 51:1-6

What do you see in your drawing near?
Do you repel...? or repent...?
Do you reject...? or receive...?
Or... have you learned to stay at a safe distance...? just out of transformation's reach...?

No comments:

Post a Comment